Ok, I didn’t come up with this one on my own, but I’ve decided to publish a black bean brownie recipe. Everyone who knows me knows that I LOVE brownies. They were one of the hardest foods for me to give-up. But, every now and then, a black bean one, which has less fat and more protein than regular brownies, can’t hurt.
And here’s the kicker, these little puppies are moist and taste DELICIOUS. I was really skeptical at first as everyone else is when I tell them what they are, but you’ll never taste the black beans.
- 1 package Ghiradelli Double-Chocolate Brownie Mix (you can use any brownie mix, but these are my favorite!)
- 1 can black beans (I try to opt for low-sodium)
- Preheat oven according to brownie mix packaging.
- Empty can of black beans, liquid and all, into a blender and blend the hell out of them.
- Mix the blended back beans into the brownie mix.
- Put in a 9 x 9 round pan (recommend) that has only been sprayed on the bottom (old baking trick from my grandmother).
- Bake according to brownie package directions. Note: Your brownies will not look the same as if you baked them with the egg, oil and water. Mine looked fluffier.
- Enjoy (watch your portion size)!
I’m too lazy to do this on my own, but click here to see the nutritional breakdown.