While we are on the subject of Jillian Michaels (see Jillian Michaels has had to change her philosophy), Fitness Magazine also published her Bodyshred Circuit Workout, so I thought I’d give it a shot. Below is my review.
- It’s tough! You don’t want to be able to do a workout well all the way through the first couple of times or you aren’t challenging yourself in new ways. This workout definitely took some getting used to.
- It’s efficient. With cardio and weights combined and about 35 minutes (she say’s 30, but I take a bit more for some water sips and transitions), you get a full workout very quickly.
- It’s easy to understand what you need to do. Except the one-legged mountain climber thing. I recommend watching a few videos on YouTube to understand that move.
- You are supposed to do it four days a week. I find that a bit excessive. Aren’t you supposed to give your muscles rest between weight-lifting days? I work out on average 6 days a week, but I do weights every other day and cardio on the off days.
- It’s boring. I can’t really explain why, maybe it’s the repetition, maybe because there’s nothing really unique about it, maybe it’s because it’s meant to be done in a group exercise class. No matter what the reason, I just find it incredibly boring, which doesn’t help me want to do it.