This recipe post is for one of my friends who, after having her tonsils removed, let me make this apple pie smoothie for her and realized she loved it! It’s also a great recipe for hypoglycemics because of the combination of natural sweeteners, healthy fat, carbohydrates, and protein.
Modified from: Harley Pasternack’s Apple Pie Smoothie
- 5 almonds
- 3/4 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (single-serving cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 banana, frozen, cut in chunks
- 1 apple, cut in slices, peel still on it
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- splash of vanilla extract
- Dump everything in the blender.
- Blend for 5 minutes (apparently, studies have shown that blending a smoothie for 5 minutes and then consuming it, because of the additional air whipped in, will make you full longer, I haven’t verified this, but whatever).
- Optional: It’ll be warm at this point, if you prefer cold, dump a few ice cubes in and blend to chill it or stick it in the refrigerator until cold.
- Calories: 325
- Total Fat: 4 grams
- Carbs: 56 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams