Juice Plus Complete Drink Mix: Chocolate
- Admittedly, one of my downfalls is chocolate. The darker it is, the better, and I have a very difficult time staying away from it. By switching to chocolate protein powder, my need for chocolate dropped to zero. Good to know, from now on, chocolate it is.
- The taste was not good. No really. I mean, I understand that protein powder isn’t going to taste like chocolate, but I give this a 2 out of 10.
- It was hard as hell to mix. Every Juice Plus representative I spoke to gave me the same advice, use a blender or hand mixer. Not realistic considering how often I use protein powder on the go.
Optimum Gold Standard 100% Casein: Chocolate
After doing some research and realizing (as I mentioned above) that I needed a chocolate variety, I decided to order this because of the taste reviews and because casein is a slow-release protein.
- It tastes fantastic! I give it a 9 out of 10. Seriously, I could probably give this to you as a chocolate pudding and you wouldn’t know the difference.
- If you mix it with equal parts of PB2, you get a chocolate peanut butter flavor. So good.
- It mixes very well on the go. I put it in small containers, add some water and shake.
- To me, it smells heavy of chemicals.
- It thickens up quick, so you’ll need a good bit of water. But again, it’s good as pudding too.
Hands-down the Optimum Gold Standard 100% Casein is my new favorite protein powder. It tastes amazing and mixes well by itself or with PB2. I’ll never buy the Juice Plus mix.