As part of my attempts to cut carbs and amp up on protein on my new hypoglycemic diet (it’s working really well to control my blood sugar for 6-7 hours at a time!) and as part of my wellness coaching, I’m trying a couple of new recipes over the next few weeks. So, I tried this Cauliflower Pizza Crust from PopSugar.
The verdict? Meh. I doubt I’ll make it again. It kept me full and my blood sugar even, but it left a lot to be desired.
- The recipes online are easy to follow.
- It’s definitely filling (Caveat: I ate the whole pizza, so about 540 calories).
- At least I had a lot of veggies for dinner (actually I always do).
- One of my friends warned me to make it thin for a good taste. I did, but could still really taste the cauliflower.
- It’s not crunchy like pizza except the edges.
- I couldn’t pick it up either. It would fall apart, so I had to eat it with a fork.
- Holy cheese! There’s a lot of it in all of the recipes. It should really be “Cheese and Cauliflower Pizza Crust.”