This recipe is similar to one I found in Health Magazine a long time ago. It’s so simple, but a favorites of my friend Melissa.
– One white corn tortilla per person
– Vanilla Greek Yogurt (Check the total sugar count on brands. It should be 7g or less per 6 oz) individual serving per person
– Nutmeg, all spice or cinnamon or a combination of the three (get creative!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Take each tortilla and lightly coat with butter
- Sprinkle cinnamon on each tortilla heavily (you should see very little of the tortilla)
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the tortillas into 6 rectangles (like a pizza)
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until completely crisp (you don’t want them to “bend” at all before they break), about 5-8 minutes
- While the chips are baking, mix-in any nutmeg, cinnamon or all spice you want in your yogurt if any.
- Scoop out 6 oz of vanilla Greek yogurt (one individual serving cup) into individual serving dishes (I like using martini glasses)
- When the chips are done, serve them with the yogurt and a spoon
Depending which yogurt you use and the quality of your tortillas, each serving is about 150 calories, 12 grams of protein, and 12 grams of carbohydrates.