Ok, this might win me any health awards, but I do love a good grilled cheese from time to time and won’t apologize for it.
My boyfriend and I first tried this recipe with pear slices in it, but it didn’t seem to add much flavor, so I swapped that for some sweet Bavarian mustard.
To add protein and veggies, I paired it with edamame.
Ingredients (per grilled cheese):
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz brie (with the rind trimmed off)
- 3-4 slides of blackforest deli ham (could use turkey)
- Bavarian mustard or spicy mustard
- Use an olive oil sprayer (if you have one) and coat one side of each slice of sourdough bread
- Spread the Bavarian style mustard on one slide of bread (non-oil side)
- Put the brie evenly on the non-oil sides of both pieces of bread
- Layer your ham or turkey in
- Put the bread together, oil sides out, and fry in a pan until the crispiness you like
- Enjoy the deliciousness.