Archive for December, 2015
- Yay!!! Pancakes! I love pancakes and french toast.
- 3 scoops (300 calories) and 3/4 cup of milk with espresso keeps me full for 3-4 hours and my blood sugar even.
- They cook-up fast and nice and fluffy with a slight crunch on the outside (note: the batter is really thick compared to normal batter).
- The high cost.
- I don’t want to say they lack flavor, but let’s just say it’s very, very subtle. I add cinnamon and a touch of vanilla to try to help this, but it doesn’t do much. If you’re looking for a wonderful buttermilk flavor, you’ll be disappointed.
I’m not going to make this an everyday habit as I think more natural foods are better (eggs, nuts, fruit, etc.), but this is a nice treat every once in a while and especially when I need to be full for a long time.
I ended-up running a quick trip to the grocery store a couple of days ago on my lunch break. I got to the check-out line and piled my items on the conveyor:
- Plain Greek yogurt
- Sugar snap peas
- Dried cranberries
- Organic salad mix
- (I meant to pick-up tofu, but they were out)
The woman (most likely in her late 40’s, trim build) in front of me looked at my assortment of food and said “It looks like my diet. I keep telling my friend, if they want to be skinny, that’s what you have to eat.”
It reminded me of when I got behind some folks from Myanmar in a grocery line a few years ago. I watched them only pile fresh meat and produce on the conveyor. Part of me was annoyed because it took a long time for the cashier to key-in all the produce codes, but if I’m honest with myself, I was more annoyed because I knew what they were eating was better than what I was.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who scopes-out what others put on the line.