In the category of “there, I fixed it,” is this Real Simple Tofu and Avocado Rice Bowl recipe.
- Too many carbs. Kill the rice.
- I’m too cheap to buy a huge tub of Miso (only size available at my grocery) for $7 to only use 2 Tbsp of it.
- I’m also lazy…well let’s say “strategically efficient” about how much I’ll invest in prepping a single dish, especially after coming home from my crazy Pilates class.
My version (serves 1):
- 10 oz package of tofu
- East West Sesame Chicken Sauce or another sauce you love
- 1 can Pinto Beans
- 1 ripe small avocado
- Canola oil
- Drain the hell out of the tofu with this tofu press and cut it thin. Use 1/2 of it and put the other half in the fridge for second-day use.
- Fry it up with a healthy dose of canola oil. The thinner and crunchier the better!
- While the tofu is frying, drain and rinse a can of pinto beans. Put 1/2 cup of them in a bowl and microwave.
- Put 1/2 of an avocado on top of the pinto beans. Then put the tofu on top of that.
- Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of sauce.
- Eat with a side of veggies.
- Chow down. It’s amazingly good.
- You should also have enough ingredients ready to do it again tomorrow too!