Sundays I nickname “Set yourself up for success day.” It’s usually the day I do everything I can to make it easy throughout the week to stick to my diet and fitness goals, including controlling my hypoglycemia.
It usually consists of:
- Meal planning. I don’t plan-out each meal per se, but I plan out at least 2 fully-cooked recipes (which usually make 4-6 servings), so enough for the whole week.
- Grocery shopping. Especially for fresh fruits and vegetables and any healthy meal items so I’m well-stocked for the week.
- Chopping vegetables. I’ve learned a valuable thing about myself: an unchopped vegetable (unless meant to be eaten whole) will never get eaten in my house. I chop them all and prepare a huge bowl of them to take to work for all week noshing.
- Prepare my workout clothes for the following day.
- Laundry. Since I’m busy around the house anyway.
- Ironing any clothes that need it.
Although it looks like a lot, it doesn’t take up the whole day, just a few hours. And it makes the rest of my week so much easier.
Do you something similar? What do you do to ensure success of your health and fitness goals?