I’m always on the hunt for especially breakfast foods on the go, since I spent a good deal of time traveling, either in hotel rooms or camping. And I love both breakfast foods and anything chocolate, so I was really excited to hear about the new FlapJacked Mighty Muffins.
- Full of protein
- Full of “unnatural” ingredients compared to my usual breakfast
- Doesn’t taste that great
- High cost, I paid $3.49ish for one
- Hard to find, after several stores, I finally found this one at Academy
- Didn’t feel good after eating it
So yeah, as you can tell from the above, I wasn’t that impressed. In fact, I was so underwhelmed that I almost just ditched it and ate my usual breakfast. But, I’m super-frugal and couldn’t just throw away $4 and wondered how it would make me feel.
Bottom line: Yuck. Don’t buy these unless you’re really desperate.
For other, better breakfast options, try:
- Homemade greek yogurt parfait (without high-calorie granola)
- Healthy breakfast sandwich
- Protein pancakes from a box (Kodiak)
- Breakfasts while traveling
Up-to-date information on hypoglycemia
This blog reflects my journey of learning and understanding hypoglycemia. This means that some of my older posts may have information that is out-of-date as I’ve learned more or research has changed. For the most updated macro-level information on living with hypoglycemia, please visit Up-to-date info on hypoglycemia (start here) page.
If you’re curious if the information in a particular post is still accurate, please feel free to leave a comment on the post asking and I’ll respond letting you know if there is any updated information.
Thanks for reading!